Sunday, August 20, 2017

Don't Lose Focus

As I sit here preparing to begin a new career path starting tomorrow, I can't help but think about the last three months. Time moves quick and there are periods where it accelerates it's pace. That is what has happened since the end of May.

Three months ago I wasn't writing, expect for required assignments as I worked to finally finish my BA in History (which I will do next May). Now I am a Co-Editor for one website, Co-Founder of this site and as of tomorrow Copy Editor for another site/company.

All of this positive and yet God never stops teaching. 

Among all of this change, while it has been for the good, I was shown that my focus may be off. There is no doubt in my mind that all these blessings have come from developing my relationship with Jesus. LvL Up came to be out of a daily devotional study. It was more than just daily readings though.

Our group uses a chat app on our phones to talk not only about the devotionals, but life in general. It is a great way to keep Christ at the forefront of our daily walk.

I noticed that as all this change has been occurring, my involvement in those discussions has lessened.

I believe that God challenges us not only in the struggles, but in the blessings as well. Its as if He says "I know you can seek Me when things appear helpless, will you pursue Me on the mountaintop as well?" 

Do Not Lose Focus - You have heard the saying "Remember where you came from". That is what God is saying right now to me. Learn to grow, but don't leave behind the things that pushed you to be better.

"but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

While we apply this to our times of hardship, I challenge us to use it when our yokes are light. Temptation still exists...it just takes on a different form.

The temptation is to forget what got us here. The feeling that we have it all figured out, or that we have graduated to a new stage in life, can deceive us. Yes we learn, but we never fully understand. We get to experience the reward of trusting Christ with those things we cannot control. Which just so happens to be everything.

Our purpose is for our lives to point to Him. Don't lose that focus. #LvL Up

No comments:

Post a Comment